an ‘end-to-end’ electronic or electro-mechanical service often involving a combination of PCBAs, wiring and mechanical elements.
- 1983 – JJS Electronics Ltd is started by Pete Butcher for his three sons – John, James and Stephen. The company traded from a building located at Ladywood Works, Lutterworth – the same premises that Sir Frank Whittle used to build and test the WU jet engine, back in 1938.
- 1986 – British Insulated Callender’s Cables (BICC) Group acquires Transmitton Ltd (now part of Siemens) and soon after their CEM provider – CBL Electronics Ltd.
Expansion and consolidation
- 1987 – JJS moved to a new factory in Oakberry Road, Lutterworth.
- 1989 – JJS acquires CBL Electronics back from the BICC group. JJS Electronics Ltd now owns premises on Gilmorton Road and Oakberry Road, Lutterworth. The Oakberry Road site is used for PCB production, and the Gilmorton Road site for cable harnesses, along with control cabinet build and panel wiring.
- 1992 – JJS Electronics received BS 5750-2:1987 accreditation
- 1997 – JJS moves to Wycliffe Road Industrial Park undertaking a £600K refurbishment
- 1998 – JJS Electronics Ltd turnover exceeds £8m
- 2005 – The business establishes a 40,000 sq ft factory within Chomutov, Czech Republic, which receives its BSI accreditation later in that same year.
Acquisition and growth
- 2007 – The Paragon Electronics Group acquire JJS Electronics Ltd
- 2009 – £750k investment made in IT infrastructure, plant and equipment.
- 2010 – BS EN AS9100 accreditation achieved across all sites.
- 2013 – Further investment of £650k made installing another SMT line
- 2014 – Group turnover exceeds £29m
- 2015 – JJS Manufacturing brand name established. Group turnover exceeds £31m
- 2017 - ISO 14001:2015 accreditiation achieved
- 2017 - Group turnover exceeds £35m