Full time - 39.75 hours per week
Electronics Manufacturing is an exciting, fast paced environment which varies every day. But it’s also a challenging one which requires commitment and dedication. Consistently sourcing raw materials and delivering complex products on-time, in full doesn’t happen by luck. It’s not just a case of pushing a few buttons and hoping for the best. It requires an amazing team with a unique set of skills and a passion for process and control.
We build the electronic ‘hearts and brains’ for complex machines supplied all around the world. Our customers are at the top of their game and the products they design and sell keep the world moving – quite literally in some cases. So, any delay, shortage or damaged piece of material has the potential to stop our production lines and we can’t afford for that to happen. This is where you can help.
We currently have a full time, permanent vacancy for a Senior Operations Buyer to join our team. This is a new role for an for an already established Senior Buyer or experienced Operations Buyer looking for the next step in their career. You will have demonstrable purchasing experience preferably within a manufacturing environment with knowledge of the metalwork commodity. You will work closely with your peers to provide support to the Operations Purchasing Manager and work closely with other departmental functions to drive procurement operational excellence. You will be involved in all aspects of the purchase to pay process including escalation route for Operations Buyers in respect of material for production, supplier negotiation, supplier delivery and quality concerns and other purchasing-based support activities.
Are you the right person for the job?
- Do you have proven experience working in a purchasing/supply chain role?
- Educated to degree level or qualified by experience. CIPS certification preferred or studying towards
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings is essential
- Experience of scheduling purchase orders for a dynamic customer base
- Working knowledge of secondary processes for machined products
- Working knowledge of MRP systems preferred although training will be provided
- An understanding of low volume purchasing would be advantageous
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office – Excel
- Strong numeracy, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of manufacturing techniques and processes essential
- Experience in supplier sourcing, documentation, evaluation and selection
Interested? To apply please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.