We are an international company looking for staff to join us in Chomutov, Czech Republic. We have been producing electro-technical products on the Czech market since 2005. We are a dynamic, fast-growing company, that offers our employees interesting career opportunities in an international environment. Right now, we are looking for a new team member to join us in the role of Section Head – Purchasing department.
- To own and manage the material ordering processes and delivery of departmental strategy.
Reducing supplier base via preferred suppliers/supplier partnerships. Help drive and maximize efficiencies.
- Coordinate the communications to the business on shortages and operational supplier performance, offering improvement plans and solutions where necessary.
- Supporting the Purchasing Manager and other Section Head’s to deliver against the departmental Inventory strategy. You will work to set KPIs for this area to ensure stock turns and inventory reduction plans are delivered according to the policy you will develop together.
- Working closely with the Purchasing Manager and Strategic Buyers to ensure that supplier contracts are reviewed and maintained in line with business requirements, suggesting opportunities for improvement and cost reductions where possible.
- Active participation in and contribution to departmental management meetings to support budgeting activities on PPV, freight and travel along with setting future strategy.
- To ensure the operational buying team operate in an efficient and cost-effective manner, delivering best in class service to the business.
- To lead and develop the buying team providing direct feed, in line with departmental succession plans. Set and measure KPIs on team performance in line with Purchasing Manager’s departmental strategy.
- Leading operational purchasing team to deliver Quarterly Operational Business reviews with key suppliers and manage supplier audits from an operational capability standpoint in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager and Strategic buyers.
- Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop an agile and responsive Purchasing process to enable production planning to support customer demand.
- To ensure materials are purchased and delivered in line with MRP requirements to support production operations.
- Liaising with Engineering/Commercial team to identify areas of standardisation and optimal design solutions for procurement from NPI to end of life.
- Liaising with Business Unit Team to maximise opportunities for cost reductions on direct materials.
- Working closely with Logistics and Production Managers at all sites to ensure that material handling is minimised and continuous improvement activities fully supported.
- Responsibility for the supply of resource to help with the larger new business RFQ’s e.g. metalwork, pneumatics, electrical
- To understand Customer demand and provide best procurement strategies to meet required service levels.
- You will manage non-conforming product from identification and disposition through to cost recovery, ensuring that corrective actions are in place and communicated to key stakeholders effectively.
- You will be a point of escalation for the business on any Purchasing query.
- You will support the Sales, Inventory and Operating planning process by analysing supplier capacities and developing plans to ensure that the business can provide new and existing customers with a dynamic solution to their requirements.
What do we require:
- Proven management or leadership experience within an operational buying team or looking for that next step in your career as an experienced buyer who has had management or leadership training.
- English language communication skills on advanced level
- A strong sense of urgency, tenacity, and ownership.
- Ability to prioritise a heavy workload and re-evaluate regularly to accommodate current areas of focus for the business.
- Strong desire to see people develop and grow.
- Always displays emotional intelligence and possess a natural ability to assert yourself whilst being diplomatic during pressurised situations.
- Strong knowledge of purchasing within a manufacturing environment, ideally low to medium volume, high complexity, electromechanical components, contract manufacturing or engineering
- Working understanding of PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) process desirable
- You must be flexible and able to travel within the UK and Europe.
- Being proactive agent who can identify opportunities for improvement and carry them through to implementation.
What do we offer:
- Attractive salary scheme
- Modern work environment
- Food vouchers compensation in the form of fixed payment
- Training courses, English language courses
- Flexible working hours
- Up to 5 weeks of paid holiday
- Long-service awards, company events
- Preferential mobile phone plan for you and your family