Full time – 39.75 hours per week
Day time flexible working to include core hours
Do you have the dexterity, skills and experience to rework complex electronic assemblies? Perhaps you are involved in printed circuit board assembly and fancy a new challenge? How good are your solder joints compared to others?In such a fast paced environment we need to be able to support our customers with product design changes and modifications. In an ideal world these changes would happen in a planned and controlled environment. But unfortunately we don’t live in an ideal world and nor do our customers. That’s why they rely on us to carry out quality rework so they can continue to deliver their product, on-time and in full. This is where you could help.
We currently have a temporary vacancy for a Rework Technician to join our growing team. We want to hear from people that have a passion for quality and can demonstrate impeccable attention to detail. And of course, you will need to be amazing at soldering.
- To operate various types of solder/rework equipment: ERSA I.R. BGA placement and reflow, ERSA/Metcal reflow, PACE hot air convection reflow machines, ERSA soldering irons and soldering tweezers.
- To rework and repair PCB’s by hand or with production aids, inclusive of track and pad repairs and modifications in all areas of PCB assembly to the required standards.
- To rework/modify Surface Mount and Plate through hole assemblies as per requirements. The requirements will be in the form of written instructions or images from the Automatic optical inspection equipment.
- To complete modifications, wire links, track/pad repairs and BGA replacement to IPC standards.
- To inspect completed assemblies as detailed in the relevant process and procedural specifications to IPC/Customer specifications.
- To work in a clean and efficient manner, with a right first-time attitude.
- To assist Engineering and the Quality departments with technical queries and investigations as they arise.
- To support the creation of documentation as required.
- To assist with continuous improvement activities as required.
Are you the right person for the job?
- Do you have at least 2 years’ soldering experience?
- Do you have good colour recognition and the ability to inspect using a range of magnification tools?
- Are you committed to quality?
You will join our manufacturing team based in Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
If you think you have what it takes, simply e-mail email@example.com and we will be in touch.