Full time - 39.75 hours per week
Electronics Manufacturing is an exciting, fast-paced environment that varies every day. But it’s also a challenging one that requires commitment and dedication. Consistently sourcing raw materials and delivering complex products on-time, in full doesn’t happen by luck. It’s not just a case of pushing a few buttons and hoping for the best. It requires an amazing team with a unique set of skills and a passion for process and control.
We build the electronic ‘hearts and brains’ for complex machines supplied all around the world. Our customers are at the top of their game and the products they design and sell keep the world moving – quite literally in some cases. So, any delay, shortage or damaged piece of material has the potential to stop our production lines and we can’t afford for that to happen. This is where you can help.
We currently have two full-time, permanent vacancies for Operations Buyers to join our team. You will have buying experience preferably within a manufacturing environment. You will work closely with your peers to provide support to the UK Purchasing Manager and work closely with other functions to drive procurement operational excellence. You will be involved in all aspects of the purchase-to-pay process including replenishment of materials for production, expediting, negotiation, supplier delivery and quality issues and other purchasing-based support activities.
Are you the right person for the job?
- Do you have proven experience working in a purchasing/supply chain role?
- Educated to degree level or qualified by experience. CIPS certification preferred or studying towards
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings is essential
- Experience of scheduling purchase orders for a dynamic customer base
- Working knowledge of secondary processes for machined products
- Working knowledge of MRP systems preferred although training will be provided
- An understanding of low volume purchasing would be advantageous
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office – Excel
- Strong numeracy, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of manufacturing techniques and processes essential
- Experience in supplier sourcing, documentation, evaluation and selection
Based in Lutterworth
Sound good, keen to learn more?
To find out more about this role and to apply, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org