Full time - 39.75 hours per week
Electronics Manufacturing is an exciting, fast paced environment which varies every day. But it’s also a challenging one which requires commitment and dedication. Consistently sourcing raw materials and delivering complex products on-time, in full doesn’t happen by luck. It’s not just a case of pushing a few buttons and hoping for the best. It requires an amazing team with a unique set of skills and a passion for process and control.
We build the electronic ‘hearts and brains’ for complex machines supplied all around the world. Our customers are at the top of their game and the products they design and sell keep the world moving – quite literally in some cases. So, any delay, shortage or damaged piece of material has the potential to stop our production lines and we can’t afford for that to happen. This is where you can help.
This is a new role for an Operations Buyer or Junior Buyer looking for the next step in their career. You will have buying experience preferably within a manufacturing environment. You will work with your peers to provide support to the Operational Purchasing Manager and work closely with other functions to drive procurement operational excellence, You will be involved with all aspects of the purchase to pay process including replenishment of materials for production, expediting, negotiation, supplier delivery and quality issues and other purchasing based support activities.
- Manage the demand requests and ensure that POs are placed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that demand requests are clear and any queries resolved promptly
- Ensure that Purchase Orders are placed in line with existing Supply contracts
- Ensure that orders for items which are not on any contract are placed with an appropriate supplier and normal competitive bidding rules are followed
- Resolve pricing queries accurately and escalate where appropriate
- Identify and report potential delivery issues through the purchasing team to internal customers.
- Progressing delivery dates and updating supplier responses.
- Resolve invoice queries and escalate where required
- Ensure correct processes are followed in approving new suppliers.
- Ensure that the correct processes and procedures are followed when procuring goods and services
Supplier Data Maintenance
- Ensure all the data contained for suppliers is correct and up to date across all business systems
- Manage material movements and transactions for sub-contracting partners
Part Number Accuracy
- Ensure that Part number data applicable to Procurement is correct across all business systems
KPI and Data Reporting
- Produce and issue Purchasing and Supplier KPIs and other ad hoc data and reports as required in a timely manner
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities that reduces the total acquisition cost
- Ensure that integrity of information for all costs is maintained in all business systems
- Identify opportunities for improvement and take a proactive approach to implementing ideas
- Provide support to global purchasing initiatives as required
Key Measures of Performance
- Replenishment efficiencies (MRP, Kanban etc)
- Supplier Delivery and Quality Performance – as delegated
- Accuracy of data in business systems
- Timely reporting and accuracy of management information
- Supplier enquiries completed accurately and in a timely manner
- POs placed in a timely and accurate manner
- Contribution to supply chain development
Skills and Behaviours Required
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Attention to detail and ability to identify data errors and put in place corrections
- Knowledge of purchasing processes and an understanding of the importance of the key documents in a supply contract
- You must demonstrate personal behaviours in line with the company culture and environment
- You must possess a strong sense of urgency, tenacity and ownership.
- You must be able to prioritise a heavy workload and re-evaluate regularly to accommodate current areas of focus for the business.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or qualified by experience
- CIPS certification preferred or studying towards
- Proven experience working in a purchasing / supply chain role.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings essential
- Experience of scheduling purchase orders for a dynamic customer base
- A working knowledge of secondary processes for machined products
- Working knowledge of MRP systems preferred, although training will be provided
- An understanding of low volume purchasing would be advantageous
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office (Excel and Access)
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of manufacturing techniques and processes essential
- Experienced in supplier sourcing, documentation, evaluation and selection
Interested? To apply please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.