Full time - 39.75 hours per week (or equivalent in CZ)
Electronics Manufacturing is an exciting, fast paced environment which varies every day. But it’s also a challenging one which requires commitment and dedication. Consistently sourcing raw materials and ensuring they are delivered to the right manufacturing plant at the right time to the right specification doesn’t happen by luck. It’s not just a case of pushing a few buttons and hoping for the best. It requires an amazing team with a unique set of skills and a passion for process and control.
We build the electronic ‘hearts and brains’ for complex machines supplied all around the world. Our customers are at the top of their game and the products they design and sell keep the world moving – quite literally in some cases. So, any delay, shortage or damage to either raw material or finished goods has the potential to stop our production lines or impact customer service which we can’t afford to happen. This is where you can help.
Reporting to the Director of Purchasing, the Group Head of Logistics has accountability for order and supply fulfilment, ensuring the consistent delivery of materials, sub-assemblies and finished goods to manufacturing sites and JJS customers.
This is a newly created role which provides the opportunity to develop and implement systems and processes with a leading contract manufacturer.
Job Role – description:
You will design and implement group logistics strategies, oversee procedure and process design and be responsible for ongoing logistics operations. You will facilitate an environment for the identification of best practices for execution and you will own and lead continuous improvement activities.
You will manage freight and associated export/import compliance requirements while minimizing costs and managing inventory levels. You will be accountable for logistics compliance management. You will monitor, report and analyse market/industry trends and collaborate with stakeholders to achieve best in market outcomes.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Group Logistics function.
- Works collaboratively with senior peers in the Purchasing team to ensure cost effective management of all materials, sub-assemblies and finished goods.
- Responsible for the Group import/export functions, including trade and security regulatory compliance.
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for the Logistics function.
- Provides significant influence on short and long-term business goals. Communicates logistics strategy effectively to all departments to achieve timelines.
- Carries out constant realignment and adjustment of tactics to meet the needs of our customers while achieving financial objectives (e.g. inventory, material costs, etc.)
- Works closely with other senior level people within and outside of the company to resolve complex issues.
- Work closely with the Director of Purchasing to establish strong relationships with suitable freight forwarders ensuring best service, best cost to meet inbound, intercompany and outbound requirements
- Influences internal customers as necessary to ensure successful strategy implementation.
- Directs the growth of employees by providing support, training and supervision.
- Delegates work assignments matching responsibility to the person and gives authority to work independently. Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Ensures all assigned employees are aware of, are trained and comply with company and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Translates strategic goals and revenue targets into tactical execution.
- Supports change and improvement in the Supply Chain structure, recognising and developing future talent.
- Builds a strong cross-site team to deliver exceptional service and support to internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or related fields or qualified by experience
- Significant experience in manufacturing
- Progressive management and leadership experience in a multi-site logistics role
- Knowledge of legislation, policy governing supply fulfilment globally
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills to communicate collaboratively across all levels within the organisation
- Ability to develop a plan in conjunction with multiple stakeholders at different levels in the organisation
- Ability to lead people and get results through others
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong commercial awareness and commitment to company values
- Good planning/project management skills
- Customer-centric sees opportunities to improve customer service
- Passion for reducing costs – exhibits passion and the enthusiasm to establish a new approach to Logistics whilst challenging the status quo
- Self-starter and independent worker – able to juggle priorities
- Set and meet goals
- Team leader with collaborative style, high emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflict
Interested? To apply please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.