Electronics Manufacturing is an exciting, fast-paced environment that varies every day. But it’s also a challenging one that requires commitment and dedication. Consistently building, inspecting, testing and shipping complex products on-time, in full doesn’t happen by luck. It’s not just a case of pushing a few buttons and hoping for the best. It requires an amazing team with a unique set of skills and a passion for process and control, which is where you come in.
We build the electronic ‘hearts and brains’ for complex machines supplied all around the world. Our customers are at the top of their game and the products they design and sell keep the world moving – quite literally in some cases.
We currently have a full time, permanent vacancy for a Quality Engineer to join our team. You will have proven experience in similar manufacturing environments and will work closely with our Production and Quality Assurance teams with technical queries and investigations. You will support document control and project administration and help drive continuous improvement activities throughout the business. Ideally, you will have an HNC (UK) or equivalent Technical Education as a minimum.
- To co-ordinate, facilitate and support the application of quality improvement tools such as 8D, FMEA, 5 Why and Structured Problem Solving across the site in accordance with defined group quality improvement strategies.
- To support the Quality Technician in the maintenance of Quality Control Plans for areas such as Goods Inwards Inspection processes for both UK and CZ operations.
- To assist in the identification of process/system improvements across the site, develop and execute plans to address same.
Are you the right person for the job? Do you have ..
- Proven experience in similar manufacturing environments
- HNC or equivalent Technical Education in electronics, electro-mechanical, manufacturing or similar
- Extensive knowledge and experience of ISO9001 QMS requirements
- Experience working with high precision milled, turned and fabricated metal
- Strong auditing experience
- Knowledge of statistical methods used in Quality systems
- An understanding of Electro Mechanical standards in a manufacturing environment, including knowledge of component measurement methods
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the application of quality improvement tools such as 5 Why, Structured Problem Solving, 8D etc.
- Excellent communication skills, including report writing
- Understanding of Quality & Workmanship standards e.g. J-STD-001, IPC-A-610, IPC 620 etc
- Understanding of electronic component distribution and assembly processes would be an advantage
- Experience of ISO14001 standard and knowledge of CAD/SolidWorks would be an advantage
You will join our manufacturing team based in Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
Sound good, keen to learn more?
To find out more about this role and to apply, please e-mail email@example.com or speak to HR.