Full time - 39.75 hours per week
The Cost Engineer is responsible for compiling cost estimations for new business enquiries received from the global business development teams. These typically consist of manufacturing enquiries and requests for quotation (RFQs) for a wide range of electromechanical products, printed circuit board and cable assemblies. The Cost Engineer will collect and analyse all project costs, including raw materials, labour, equipment and tooling to ensure pricing for new business proposals is accurate and delivered to other project stakeholders in a timely manner.
Role responsibilities include:
- Provide engineering and cost data to support the bid or proposal
- Collaborate with internal and external project stakeholders
- Provide basic minimum order quantity (MOQ) and return on investment (ROI) calculations
- BoM creation and IMS data input
- Identification of cost efficient alternative components and/or processes
- Deliver prompt and accurate estimations
Are you the right person for the job?
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint are essential
3D CAD experience advantageous
- Ability to read and understand complex BoMs, assembly instructions, engineering drawings, PCBA and wiring schematics is essential
- Good understanding of electro/micro/mechanical production processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven CEM/EMS/or related manufacturing industry experience is highly desirable
- Ability to work under pressure
The person in this position must possess a good standard of basic education which includes Maths, English, Science and/or other technical subjects.
You will join our manufacturing team based in Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
Full job description available from the HR Team.
Closing Date: 22 April 2022