Electronics Manufacturing is an exciting, fast-paced environment that varies every day. But it is also a challenging one that requires commitment and dedication. Our customers are at the top of their game and the products they design and sell keep the world moving – quite literally in some cases.
Due to on-going growth, we are looking for a highly experienced individual to join our Commercial Department and take full ownership of one of our key electro-mechanical customer accounts.
As a Commercial Team Manager (CTM), you will build on the existing customer relationship we have in place (at the highest level), proactively seek new opportunities to increase revenue and profitability, oversee all elements of account activity and provide leadership, guidance, and personal development support to your team.
To ensure customer contractual obligations are met and internal KPIs are achieved, you will be responsible for making sure the resource in your team is balanced, your staff have the correct skills and tools to provide unrivalled customer service, and that you and your team are committed to creating added value for both the customer and JJS.
This role is ideally suited to someone already in a Customer Relationship or Key/Major Account position or has been directly accountable for Operations/Production within electronics manufacturing, engineering, or similar ‘technical’ sector and is experienced in liaising directly with clients.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships at the highest level.
- Oversee all elements of account activity.
- Escalation route (if needed) for assigned customer accounts.
- Line management responsibility for dedicated Account Management team.
- Training and development for Account Management personnel.
- “Chair” of cross functional team meetings relevant to defined customer projects.
- Ensure work within the team is appropriately prioritised and that resources are balanced and deployed accordingly.
- Coach, develop and motivate staff and empower them to deliver high quality customer service and contribute to the achievement of company goals.
- Conduct regular one-to-one coaching sessions and team meetings to discuss account activity, priorities, progress, and any potential problems.
- Carry out staff appraisals, development plans and manage performance and absence of direct reports.
Are you the right person for the job? Do you have....
- Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining customer relationships at the highest level.
- A real passion for customer service.
- Experience of working in an electronics manufacturing, engineering, or similar ‘technical’ sector
- The ability to lead a team towards a common goal.
- The ability to mentor, train and encourage staff to deliver customer service through a process of continuous improvement.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to offer creative solutions and manage conflict.
- Excellent project management skills
- Numerate, literate, and fully conversant to a high level with Excel, Word and IMS, reporting and presenting data in meaningful reports.
You will join our Commercial team based in Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
Sound good, keen to learn more?
To find out more about this role and to apply, please e-mail email@example.com or speak to HR.